Total amount of your reservation
- The superb landscapes during this cruise
- Your encounter with the Irrawaddy dolphin, a rare species
To start with, you will be met by your guide at your hotel lobby.
This trip cruises along the Santubong River and plies the Salak River Delta systems, of which, both flow into the South China Sea. In both, one experience a close-up view of the heavily suilted mangrove swamp, a haven for its inhabitants from reptilians to crustaceans and fishes, crocodiles, water monitor lizards, otters, mud skippers, mangrove crabs, prawns, edible jellyfish, shellfish and more.
The swamp sustains many different species of trees, the most important being the black and res mangroves, locally known as "bakau" or "bako". It is used as piling in construction and is also processed as charcoal.
Easily mistaken as a wasteland, the area experiences tidal rises that leaves rich silts on which the mangrove thrives, giving rise to a symbiotic relationship affecting all flora and fauna, aquatic life and coastal organisms.
The Irrawaddy or Snubfin dolphin inhabits the rivers, estuaries and shallow coastal areas. The Santubong area remains one of the best places in Sarawak to view this unusual looking marine mammal. When seen, they swim and dive around open waters less than 30 metres deep.
Visitors will need a keen eye to spot the dolphins and they are best seen when they frolic near local fishing boats that are hauling in the catch!
Trip back to your hotel at the end of the excursion.
- Transportation in air-conditioned car / minibus / coach
- Transportation from/to your accommodation
- All entrance fees to visits
- Personal expenses
- Unless otherwise specified, all our excursions are private: you, and only you, accompanied by your own guide
- Departure 9am (approximately), trip back 12pm (approximately)
- Dolphins are wild animals, it is not 100% guaranteed to see them during your excursion
- Group excursion
- This excursion is recommended for people staying in Kuching
- Rate based on departure/trip back from accommodation located in Kuching city center