It is not possible to book an excursion at this time. Do not hesitate to contact us or to come back later.
- A beautiful moonlight bike ride with several stops
When the sunsets Chiang Mai doesn't stop, but it does slow down and the ancient temples with their golden spires illuminated take on a magical feel at night.
See the old town from a different perspective as you cycle through quiet backroads, small lanes and alleyways as the temperatures cool down.
Meet at SpiceRoads office at 6pm where we are fitted for bikes, check our lights and then we start our discovery of Chiang Mai city after the peak rush hour traffic has died down.
Chiang Mai is bright enough at night that we can photograph the beautifully lit temples and statues as we learn about the history and geography of this ancient city.
We ride down to the river and take a walk through the evening fresh market, stocked with the most amazing array of fruits and vegetable – delicious, healthy snacks are everywhere! We then follow the river to the famous flower market and we cross the river and head through some beautiful manicured gardens en route to the train station.
From here we head to Tha Pae gate, which connects the eastern side of the Old City to the western side via Rachadamnoen Road. The order of sites seen on this itinerary may be adjusted if there is a festival or special activity nearby not to be missed.
- Bikes and protections
- All entrance fees to visits
- Personal expenses
- Unless otherwise specified, all our excursions are private: you, and only you, accompanied by your own guide
- Departure 5.30pm (approximately), trip back 9pm (approximately)
- This excursion is recommended for people staying in Chiang Mai
- Meeting point for this excursion: 'Spiceroads' office, No.1 Moon Muang Road Lane 7
- Excursion available every day except Sundays