Total amount of your reservation
- Borobudur temple, the largest Buddhist monument in the world
- A beautiful sports morning with the rafting descent of the Progo river
To start with, you will be met by your guide at your hotel lobby.
We drive you from the city of Yogyakarta to reach Kulon Progo, where you will enjoy a rafting experience down the Progo River Atas.
It’s a wonderful way to get in touch with nature and discover beautiful panoramas, five waterfalls, a historical bridge, and a great view over the Menoreh Mountains. The rafting experience will last for around 2 hours.
After a short break and a nice lunch in a local restaurant, we will enter the Borobudur UNESCO Heritage Site to go deep inside into the meanings of this impressive and well conserved monument with its carvings and ancient kingdom stories inlaid in its stones. Looming out of a patchwork of bottle-green paddies and swaying palm tops, this colossal Buddhist relic is one of the continent’s marvels.
After the decline of Buddhism and the shift of power to East Java, the monument was abandoned soon after its completion. For centuries the complex lay forgotten, buried under layers of volcanic ash.
Climb up to the top and enjoy a wonderful view on the surroundings. Enough time is given to stroll around the complex and to discover its beauty.
Trip back to your hotel at the end of the excursion.
- Transportation in air-conditioned car / minibus / coach
- Transportation from/to your accommodation
- All entrance fees to visits
- Rafting on the Progo river (with protective equipment, insurance, instructor)
- Breakfast in a local restaurant
- Drinks during the lunch
- Personal expenses
- Unless otherwise specified, all our excursions are private: you, and only you, accompanied by your own guide
- Departure 8am (approximately), trip back 2pm (approximately)
- Please, bring sunscreen, sunglasses, a hat and a change of clothes.
- This excursion is recommended for people staying in Yogyakarta
- Rate based on departure/trip back from accommodation located in Yogyakarta
|Number of tickets / order||Price for one ticket|
|3 - 6||-38 €|
|6 or more||-66 €|