It is not possible to book an excursion at this time. Do not hesitate to contact us or to come back later.
- Hiking on a still active volcano
- The sumptuous sunrise at the top of the Merapi volcano
- The still active fumaroles of the volcano
If you have ever dreamed to climb an active volcano, Merapi trekking is an experience you shouldn't miss.
We are used to talking about Yogyakarta as the cultural heart of Indonesia, forgetting it is also full of impressive nature and vast landscapes. most noticeably Mount Merapi, which can be seen from far and wide.
This magnificent volcano will stun you in many ways, from its massive perspective to its dense vegetation permitted by cowls lava and fertile ground.
It has erupted many times in a powerful way, making Merapi become a legendary force of nature within Central Java.
You will enjoy the stories and local legends about Merapi's spirit and past eruptions, and why the volcano continues to bel observed and followed by many volcanologists.
We pick you up at your hotel around 10.00 p.m. Then we drive you to Selo Village, located on the northern side of the volcano.
After preparation we will start to climb the volcano and embark on trek of around six hours to the volcanoes peak.
Once at the top we enjoy the first rays of sun breaking in the horizon, then after witness the sunrise we will make our decent where we can admire views of the city of Yogyakarta in the South and the Merbabu volcano on the eastern side.
Then we will have a small rest and enjoy the view from Pasar Bubar before climbing down to Selo. A vehicle will be waiting for us in Selo to drive us back to Yogyakarta in the afternoon.
Trip back to your hotel at the end of the excursion.
- Transportation in air-conditioned car / minibus / coach
- Transportation from/to your accommodation
- All entrance fees to visits
- Lunch, snack and mineral water
- First aid kit
- Personal expenses
- Unless otherwise specified, all our excursions are private: you, and only you, accompanied by your own guide
- Departure 10pm (approximately), trip back 1pm (approximately)
- Bring sunscreen, sunglasses, a hat, rain gear, hiking shoes, a flashlight, mosquito repellent and spare things (warm clothes for the coolness at the top of the volcano).
- The ascent of Mont Merapi requires good physical condition and good hiking shoes.
- Itinerary subject to change depending on weather conditions on site.
- Group excursion, with a minimum of 2 people
- This excursion is recommended for people staying in Yogyakarta
- Rate based on departure/trip back from accommodation located in Yogyakarta
|Number of tickets / order||Price for one ticket|
|3 - 5||107 €|
|5 or more||92 €|